Undoubtedly, Bangladesh Premier League 2023 is the most awaited event for cricket lovers from all across the globe. The 16th most attended event is popular and counted among the topmost 3 professional cricket leagues in Bangladesh. Currently, 7 teams will be performing in the upcoming event and cricket lovers are excited to see this event.
For all cricket fans, we have come to share the BPL venue list for the 2023 upcoming matches. The administrators of these matches will be Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) and BPL Governing Council. The fever of BPL is on nowadays and cricket fans from all around the world are excited to know the schedule of BPL. Keep reading our today’s post and we will share the venue details of Bangladesh Premier League 2023.
BPL Venue Schedule 2023
As per the schedule, Bangladesh will host the tournament of BPL 2023, starting on Jan 3, 2023, and ending on Feb 17, 2023. All the matches between 7 teams will be held in 29 days.
The 34 matches of BPL will be held at 3 different venues at different timings. We are going to share venue details as under.
According to BPL authorities, 3 venues have been selected for BPL 2023 matches. All venues are situated in 3 different cities in Bangladesh. So the audiences must have to travel in these 3 cities to enjoy this most thrilling BPL event. To give you more details about these venues, we are going to share comprehensive information about them so read on.
List of BPL Venues 2023
Cricket lovers are waiting anxiously to know where BPL matches will be held. So we are going to share all the related details of 3 venues. It is announced that all matches of BPL 2023 will be played in these stadiums.
- Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium;
- Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium.
- Sylhet International Cricket Stadium.
Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium
Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium is considered an international stadium and it is one of the main cricket grounds of Bangladesh. It is located nearest to the capital of Bangladesh.
- History of the ground: this ground was constructed in 1980 as a football ground and the dimension of this ground is 186M * 136M. However, this ground was then taken over by the Bangladesh Cricket Board(BCB) in 2004 for cricket matches. The first match was held in December 2006 and after this match, the stadium hosted World Cup 2011, 2012, Asia Cup 2014, 2016 and the majority of BPL matches.
- Location: this popular stadium is also known as Mirpur stadium because it is located in Mirpur, Dhaka.
- Capacity: approximately 25000 people can enjoy a live match on this ground. It is expected that the final match of BPL 2023 will be held on this ground due to its heavier capacity.
- Condition: the ground condition is very good and it is considered bowling-friendly.
Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium
Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium is previously known as Bir Shrestha Shahid Ruhul Amin Stadium. It became the test cricket venue on 27 Feb 2006 and then it hosted a test match between Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. On the other hand, it has hosted matches of the ICC world cup 2011. This venue is considered the historical venu as Bangladesh national cricket team played many international series and has many memories associated with this ground.
- History: this ground was established in 2004 and it was finally granted full international status in January 2006 when Sri Lanka’s tour was expected in the country. Before the 2004 under-19 world cup matches, floodlights were installed in this ground so that it can host day/night cricket matches.
- Location: it is located in the port city of Chattogram which is considered the biggest commercial city in Bangladesh.
- Capacity: around 22000 people can easily enjoy the live matches on this ground without any trouble.
Sylhet International Cricket Stadium
This is one of the best cricket stadiums in Sylhet city and it was previously known as Sylhet Divisional Stadium. Moreover, this cricket stadium went through an expansion in 2013 to host tournaments for the 2014 ICC World Twenty and 2014 ICC Women’s World Twenty.
- History: this stadium was established in 2007 as a cricket stadium in Bangladesh. Moreover, This stadium has a beautiful view because it is surrounded by hills and greenery.
- Location: this venue is situated in Sylhet city, located in the North-Eastern part of Bangladesh. This venue is specifically designed for cricket matches.
- Capacity: furthermore, the seating capacity of this ground is 18500. Along with seating capacity, this ground has a green gallery as well. In the upcoming Bpl event, some matches will be held here for sure.
These are the main 2022-23 Bangladesh Premier League Locations where upcoming matches will be held. Apart from this, these venues hold many previous matches of BPL.
It is summed up that we have shared all venue details of BPL 2023 to please all cricket fans from all across the globe. Furthermore, write to us if you want to share your thoughts about this big event with us and we will respond to you as soon as possible.