Chennai Super Kings (CSK) is a franchise of IPL based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. It was founded in 2008 and is by far the most consistent and most successful team in the history of IPL. The owner of this Franchise is India Cements, of which N Srinivasan is the chairman. It was purchased for 360 crores in 2008. The team is led by Captain MS Dhoni and Stephen Fleming is the Coach.
- Captain: MS Dhoni
- Coach: Stephen Fleming
- Owner: N Srinivasan
Chennai Super Kings Players/Squad List
|1||MS Dhoni (c)||Wicketkeeper Batter||India|
|2||Moeen Ali||Batting Allrounder||England|
|4||Devon Conway||Wicketkeeper Batter||New Zealand|
|8||Rajvardhan Hangargekar||Bowling Allrounder||India|
|11||Matheesha Pathirana||Bowler||Sri Lanka|
|12||Dwaine Pretorius||Bowling Allrounder||South Africa|
|13||Ambati Rayudu||Middle order Batter||India|
|14||Mitchell Santner||Bowling Allrounder||India|
|15||Subhranshu Senapati||Top order Batter||India|
|18||Maheesh Theekshana||Bowler||Sri Lanka|
History of Chennai Super Kings wins and Matches
Chennai Super Kings have played 13 seasons of the IPL of which they have won 4 titles (in 2010, 2011, 2018, and 2021) so far. Moreover, they also won the Champions League t20 in 2010 and 2014.
- 2008: Runners-up CSK win 8 games in the League Matches and beat Kings 11 Punjab in the semi-final. They couldn’t able to secure the trophy as Rajasthan Royals win the Final Match.
- 2009: Fourth CSK finished in 2nd position in the league matches and was beaten by Royal Challengers Banglore in the semi-finals.
- 2010: Winners CSK played an unbeatable performance in 2010 and secure the IPL title for them
- 2011: Winners It was a golden year again for CSK as they have won the title back to Back in 2011.
- 2012: Runners-up Kolkata Knight Riders beat CSK in the semi-final
- 2013: Runners-up Mumbai Indians beat CSK in the semi Final
- 2014: Third Kings 11 Punjab beat CSK in the semi Final.
- 2015: Runners Up Once again Mumbai Indians beat CSK in the final and CSK finished 2nd in this season.
- 2016, 2017: Suspended CSK was suspended during these two seasons due to some illegal activities.
- 2018: Winners CSK beat Sunrisers Hyderabad in the final and secure the IPL title.
- 2019: Runners Up Mumbai Indians beat CSK in the nail-biting final by just 1 run.
- 2020: Seventh It was not a good year for CSK as they finished in the seventh position in the points table.
- 2021: Winners CSK beat Kolkata Knight Riders in the Final after an unbeatable performance.
- 2022: Ninth CSK finished in the ninth position in the points table in 2022.
IPL 2023 Participants
The following Teams will participate in the IPL 2023:
- Chennai Super Kings
- Sunrisers Hyderabad
- Royal Challengers Banglore
- Gujarat Titans
- Mumbai Indians
- Kolkata Knight Riders
- Rajasthan Royals
- Delhi Capitals
- Punjab Kings
- Lucknow Super Giants
CSK is the most successful and top team in the IPL. They won 4 IPL Finals (in 2010, 2011, 2018, and 2021) so far.
Matheesha Pathirana is the fastest bowler in CSK.
CSK was banned from IPL in the years 2016 and 2017 due to involvement in illegal betting and match-fixing activities by the Justice Lodha Committee.